Mexican Border Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea?

3 posters

Go down

Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea? Empty Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Post  Lilcoconut Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:58 pm

Neutral Brownsville, TX is currently a hot bed on this topic. The intended layout of the border wall is the most ridiculous idea as it is a waste of money and land. Someone in Bush's administration rolled out a map and just drew a straight line and said, "that's it, that's how we will lay it out", instead of following the natural river flow, which makes sense. They want to cut peoples backyards in half, cut US ranchers access to water and destroy natural wildlife sanctuaries by also cutting them in half. That is why this wall makes no sense. This wall is a good way to apease the fears of Americans who are being led by the nose on this issue. However, it does nothing to curb the illegal infiltration of our borders, it will be a waste of tax dollars and drive a wedge between Americans. Americans who live on the border against Americans who do not and have no real understanding of what the goverment is planning on doing exactly.

I am for increased border security, but this wall is not the answer. Not in its current layout.

Lilcoconut

Back to top Go down

Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea? Empty border wall

Post  tinman Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:01 pm

Good post lilcoconut,yep I live about 15 miles as the crow flys away from the border here in san diego and yeah, although I think most the members in here don't live close to the border (which in no way lessens the concern for illegals, cause they're everywhere,in every state it seems)but it really is one thing to read about the border bullshit & quite another to have them running thru your yard like I've dealt with. I know that a wall sounds a little goofy, but shit ,ya gotta start somewhere & somehow seal off & secure borders, I think only then can we actually get a grip on the problem & see what measures should be implimented (some extreme no doubt)I forget exactly how long the border fence is here, but it starts right at the low tide mark in Imperial beach(pacific ocean) and extends inland for about 14 miles maybe.
tinman
tinman
Charter Member

Back to top Go down

Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea? Empty border issue

Post  nomorebeaners Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:20 pm

Well.....since Romney dropped out, we're all screwed. Paul doesn't stand a chance in hell. This is going to be THE most important election of our time and it appears to be fixed already. It's either the Shocked Dumocrats or Evil or Very Mad McCain who is just a George Bush rubber stamp traitor POS with a limp.

sorry, I meant to put this in the 2008 election thread.

nomorebeaners
Regular

Back to top Go down

Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea? Empty Re: Border Wall Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down